Connecting you to more of what you love. This is Comcast’s core value, and our teams work every day to ensure we are delivering on that expectation.
As Southern Arizonans continue to work and learn from home, we extended our COVID-19 response commitments to help people connect to the Internet and made several announcements building upon our long-standing commitment to advancing digital equity.
The extended commitments include:
- Free 60 Days of Internet Essentials & Speed Increase for Low-Income Families: Free Internet service for the first 60 days for new Internet Essentials customers who sign up by June 30, 2021 and a doubled Internet Essentials download speed to 50 Mbps and increase in the upstream speed to 5 Mbps. Learn more about the affordable home Internet program here.
- Xfinity WiFi Free for Everyone: Free access to more than 1.5 million public Xfinity WiFi hotspots nationwide through June 30, 2021.
- WiFi Connected Community Lift Zones: Free WiFi at local community centers to support distance learning with a plan to launch more than 1,000 Lift Zones nationwide by December 2021. We’re currently working to equip locations across S. Arizona as Lift Zones.
- Investing in Education & Equity-Focused Organizations: Expanding investments in organizations focused on creating greater pathways to opportunities for communities of color to drive sustained change.
- Network Investment: Continuing to expand and evolve our network to meet the growing needs of our communities.
- Comcast RISE Supporting BIPOC Small Businesses: Program to help strengthen and empower small businesses, starting with Black, Indigenous, and People of Color owned businesses; those hardest hit by COVID-19 through Comcast RISE.
- Free Educational Resources: Free educational resources in partnership with Common Sense Media to support remote learning for kids K-12.
We remain steadfast in our commitment to help families and individuals stay connected, and to help empower small businesses.
To accomplish this, we partner with our local elected officials, nonprofit and educational partners to support our communities and build digital equity.
One example of a partner we work closely with on this effort is Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson. They are a partner we work with year-round to support the programs for their Club members.
The partnership that we’ve developed over the years is just amazing. They have stepped in and provided so many opportunities for not only our clubhouse, but mainly our members,” said Adam Ortiz, Pascua Yaqui Clubhouse Director
Mel Betters, 16-year-old Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson Club member who learned about Internet Essentials from the organization stated:
It’s a huge opportunity that can help not only you, but the people around you like your family. It can help connect you all on a more personal level because you know it’s not just you struggling to try to get through that school day or trying to get to that class that you can’t get into or even just trying to turn in an assignment that doesn’t seem to want to send,” said Mel Betters, Club member and Internet Essentials customer.
We’re proud to support our community in this way and we know when we all work together, we can more effectively address the needs of our community.
Learn more about our decade-long commitment to digital equity here: https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/comcast-update-commitment-digital-equity-accelerate-efforts-2021
Learn more about our other commitments here: https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/covid-support-extended